Risk Free Bet
- King Of Sportsbooks
Licensed in New York
BetMGM New York Preview
The New York Gaming Commission issued licenses to nine bookmakers on November 8, 2021. Among them was BetMGM which is now operating in 16 states. As a side note, BetMGM has also launched retail bookmaking outlets in Puerto Rico too.
BetMGM launched in New York in January 2022. Many sports bettors in the state have claimed their BetMGM welcome bonus and continue to participate in the regular promotions that the operator is famous for. However, they are also attracted to the competitive odds, vast range of betting markets, and special features. This review will take a close look at BetMGM NY and all it has to offer.
- BetMGM New York Preview
- About BetMGM NY
- Top BETMGM NY Takeaways for 2022
- Things We Dont Like About BetMGM NY
- BetMGM NY Bonuses
- How does BetMGM’s risk free bet work?
- BETMGM NY PROMO CODE: “SBNY1000”
- BetMGM Mobile App Review
- BetMGM Website Experience
- What do you need to create a BetMGM account?
- Payment Methods
- How long does BetMGM take to pay out?
- Security & Licenses
- Where is BetMGM licensed?
- Sports Betting at BetMGM
- BetMGM Live Betting
- BetMGM Odds Analysis
- What bet types are available at BetMGM?
- Customer Service
- Final Thoughts
About BetMGM NY
MGM is one of the most respected brands in gambling entertainment. In 2018, the company partnered with GVC Holdings to create BetMGM. The bookmaker is now licensed in 16 states and it is even expanded into Puerto Rico where it operate retail outlets. New York is expected to be BetMGM’s most lucrative sports betting market.
Top BETMGM NY Takeaways for 2022
After testing online sportsbooks for our 2022 review, here are our top things we like about BetMGM NY:
- Sports and bets offered: BetMGM sure isn’t stingy when it comes to the variety of bets it offers. On any given game — and for most sports — there are dozens of prop bets readily available. Odds boosts are also plentiful, and numerous features are available with the sole purpose of making it as easy as possible to throw down some money on your favorite stakes.
- BetMGM mobile app: Using the BetMGM app was a refreshing experience compared to other betting apps that also offer both sports and casino games. Mercifully, you’re not bombarded with prompts to play casino games on the BetMGM app. Also, placing bets is a breeze, thanks to well-placed mini-menus that pop up throughout the app.
- Welcome bonus: The new-customer promotion is a risk-free bet of up to $1000 which is a highlight of BetMGM’s slate of promotions for new and existing bettors.
- Education: Educational content is buried deep in the app and does not provide the same level of detail as top competitors.
- Banking: Banking at BetMGM is quick and easy, deposit options include online bank transfer (ACH), debit/credit card, Neteller, PayNearMe, online banking, VIP Preferred, and cash at certain casino cages.
Things We Dont Like About BetMGM NY
- Withdrawals – While the deposit process was easy and quick, the withdrawal process was the opposite. it needed 1 more day then most other New York sportsbooks.
- Odds – The odds pricing tended to be slightly higher, approximately 10 cents juice on some money line wagers available during testing.
BetMGM NY Bonuses
New York sports bettors who open a new account at BetMGM can look forward to receiving an attractive welcome offer. They will be able to claim a risk-free bet bonus worth up to $1,000 when they make their first deposit.
After opening their new BetMGM NY accounts, New Yorkers can make their first deposit and opt-in to the risk-free bet welcome offer. Then it’s just a matter of placing their first bet and waiting for the results.
If the first qualifying wager cashes, then the welcome bonus offer is complete and the bettor can walk away with the winnings. If it crashes and burns, BetMGM will refund the stake up to the maximum $1,000.
How does BetMGM’s risk free bet work?
BetMGM’s risk-free bet promotion makes your first bet after depositing money risk-free. If you win the bet the promotion is over and if you lose the bet the money is refunded to your account in four free bets. With risk-free bets the one catch is that if you lose you have to bet the amount of money again (in free bets) before you can withdraw any winnings.
- If your first bet wins: The promotion is over, you won your first bet. The value in this promotion is that it allows you to bet more money than you typically would, because if you lose the money gets refunded. Instead of betting $50 on a game for your first bet, you could bet up to $1000.
- If your first bet loses: You will be refunded the full amount of the bet, up to $1000, in four free bets. You have to use all four free bets before you can withdraw any winnings from those free bets.
BETMGM NY PROMO CODE: “SBNY1000”
The BetMGM NY promo code, “SBNY1000” will get you access to an huge risk free bet of up to $1,000. Place your first bet, if it wins collect your bet & winnings, if it loses, your account will credited with the free bet equaling the amount of the initial bet. Profits Boosts and Odds Boosts wagers do not qualify. To claim the BetMGM risk free bet, input “SBNY1000” when prompted for the promo code during the registration process.
New York sports bettors who sign-up at BetMGM will be delighted by the exciting selection of sportsbook promotions. You can expect to find regular offers for an array of sports. Some current examples of BetMGM promotions include One Game Parlay Insurance, a weekly $10 free bet, parlay profit boosts, and plenty of free bets. BetMGM also has a generous Refer-A-Friend program as well as a sweet loyalty rewards program.
BetMGM Compared to Other Sportsbooks
BetMGM Mobile App Review
Using the BetMGM app was a refreshing experience compared to other betting apps that also offer both sports and casino games. Mercifully, you’re not bombarded with prompts to play casino games on the BetMGM app.
BetMGM app pros: Placing bets is a breeze, thanks to well-placed mini-menus that pop up throughout the app.
BetMGM app cons: Accessing customer support on both the mobile app and the desktop version of the site was nearly impossible. The only reason I stumbled upon any customer support option was because I was having account registration issues and was eventually offered help via live chat. (See “What kind of customer support does BetMGM offer?” below for directions on how to navigate to help.)
BetMGM Website Experience
Although both get the job done I prefer the mobile app to the website. The website jams so many different widgets and bets that it can feel cluttered – odds boosts especially eat up a large part of the screen.
What do you need to create a BetMGM account?
Creating a BetMGM account takes about five minutes and requires the following information:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Last four digits of your social security number
- Phone number
Although creating an account is quick and easy, you can test drive the app without creating an account. Just by downloading the app you can view the layout, promotions, sports and bets offered, and more. I recommend doing this to see if you like the user interface before actually creating an account.
New York sports bettors won’t have any trouble finding a convenient banking option at BetMGM NY. Deposits are instant and free instant although your payment provider might charge you some kind of transaction fee. The most popular payment methods at BetMGM include:
Bettors can currently deposit via online bank transfer (ACH), debit/credit card, Neteller, PayNearMe, online banking, VIP Preferred, and cash at certain casino cages.
- Online Bank Transfers – Available at almost every sportsbook, you can link your bank account to your sports betting account. Hundreds of banks are available to link to, so there’s a good chance you’ll be able to link a checking or savings account. Most sportsbooks use companies such as Plaid to provide incredibly safe bank transfers. We recommend this method over all alternatives, as online bank transfers are free, fast, and efficient.
- Debit/Credit Cards – Also readily available, you can use a debit or credit card to deposit money. Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express are all typically accepted as card providers. Pro Tip – Don’t use your credit card if you don’t have the money. Betting on sports can be risky and you should only bet with money you are willing to lose.
- PayPal – PayPal is offered by a majority of sportsbooks. PayPal, a third-party payment processor, is a fast and secure way to send and receive money.
- Cash – You can also deposit and withdraw money by visiting the casino that the sports betting app is partnered with. For example, in Michigan, you can deposit and withdraw money to your BetMGM account at the BetMGM Casino in Detroit.
- Play+ Card
- Instant Bank Transfer
- VIP Preferred
|Total Deposit Methods||8|
|No Debit/Credit Card Deposit Fees||Yes|
|Deposit Min/Max – Debit/Credit Card||$0/Varies|
BetMGM makes it easy to withdraw your winnings. On top of that, you can expect to get paid quickly. Refer to the table below for available options and processing times.
|Payment Method||Processing Time|
|Visa Fast Funds||Up to 24 Hours|
|PayPal||Up to 24 Hours|
|VIP Preferred||2-4 Business Days|
|Online Banking||2-4 Business Days|
|Instant Banking||2-4 Business Days|
|Play+ Card||Up to 24 Hours|
|Skrill||Up to 24 Hours|
|Cash at the Cage||Within 1 Hour|
How long does BetMGM take to pay out?
BetMGM pays out withdrawals in one to three days, depending on what withdrawal method you select. Online bank transfers and PayPal are our recommend methods, as they only take a day or two.
Security & Licenses
BetMGM is licensed and regulated in every state it operates in. That means they are licensed by the New York Gaming Commission in the Empire State. This is a big win for sports bettors who demand their bookie be trustworthy, fair, and transparent. A license from the NYGC is proof that the operator is on the level. Also, BetMGM uses the latest internet security tool to keep you and your personal data safe. Their platforms are protected by multiple layers of security including SSL encryption, firewall, and other high-tech solutions.
Where is BetMGM licensed?
BetMGM is licensed in the following states: Colorado, District of Columbia, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia. Here’s where BetMGM obtained its license from in each state:
- Arizona: Gila River Resorts and Casinos
- Colorado: Midnight Rose Casino
- District of Columbia: DC Lottery
- Indiana: Boyd’s Casino
- Iowa: Diamond Jo Casino
- Illinois: Par-A-Dice Casino
- Kansas: Kansas Crossing Casino
- Louisiana: Sam’s Town Casino
- Michigan: MGM Grand Casino
- Mississippi: Gold Strike Casino
- Nevada: Nevada Gaming Control Board
- New Jersey: Borgata Casino
- New York: Empire City Casino
- Pennsylvania: Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board
- Virginia: Virginia Lottery
- West Virginia: The Greenbrier
Sports Betting at BetMGM
Brace yourself for one of the most complete sports betting experiences you can have. Sports bettors can choose from a full spectrum of mainstream and niche sports. College football fans will be particularly thrilled by the number of wagering options each game presents them with.
Quarters, halves, and full game results are popular as are the many game props and alternative spreads. You’ll even find a great selection of betting options for niche sports like table tennis, darts, and snooker. The list of sports at BetMGM NY should include:
|Rugby Union||Snooker||Table Tennis||Tennis|
You can place single wagers, parlays, combo, and teasers. Use BetMGM’s One Game Parlay feature or the Cash Out option. New Yorkers can even expect BetMGM NY to offer live streaming.
BetMGM Live Betting
While BetMGM provides live stats, live streaming, and a live match tracker, there’s a noticeable void when it comes to live prop bets. Also missing (surprisingly) is a live match tracker for NFL games. That said, as someone who rarely bets live props, without these BetMGM still has enough features to satisfy me, and likely a majority of live bettors.
- Instant bets – You’ll find some instant bets at BetMGM, like next drive results for NFL games, but not much else beyond that (as in, next point bets aren’t available for ping pong games).
- Live match tracker – If you’re new to sports betting, a live match tracker is an animated graphic that typically has a live game clock, live score and shows which team possesses the ball in real-time. BetMGM offers an average quality match tracker for live sports like hockey, basketball, and soccer. However, we’re disappointed that there’s no tracker available for NFL games.
- Live streaming – BetMGM is one of several sports betting apps to offer live streaming of games. Be aware that for all sportsbooks, live streaming is currently limited to international sports (such as basketball, soccer, hockey, tennis, and table tennis matches) because of the high costs of licensing live broadcasting rights.
BetMGM Odds Analysis
BetMGM above-average odds: BetMGM offers above-average odds on soccer moneyline bets and NCAAB moneyline bets. For comparison, if average soccer moneyline odds on a team are +130 at other sports betting sites, BetMGM might offer odds at +140. In this example, every dollar wagered would return $1.40 at BetMGM versus $1.30 at other sites.
BetMGM below-average odds: BetMGM offers below-average odds on NFL spread bets, NFL total bets, NHL total bets, and NHL spread bets. For comparison, if average NHL spread odds on a team are -110 at other sports betting sites, BetMGM might offer odds at -115. In this example, every dollar wagered would return $.87 at BetMGM versus $.91 at other sites.
What bet types are available at BetMGM?
BetMGM offers all standard bet types (spread, moneyline, total) as well as a few unique betting features.
- Standard bet types: BetMGM offers all of the must common bet types including spread, moneyline, over/under (total), parlay, prop, future, and teaser bets. These bet types are featured at every sportsbook.
- Cash out feature: Like most sportsbooks, BetMGM offers a cash out feature. This allows bettors to amend their original bet and lock in a profit or a loss by settling the bet (or a portion of the bet) before the event has finished.
- Edit My Bet: Available at only a few sportsbooks, BetMGM’s “Edit My Bet” tool allows you to change any straight or parlay bet in conjunction with the cash out feature. You can take your existing bet and add, swap or remove a selection, or increase a stake. Say you bet $10 on the Minnesota Vikings to beat the Green Bay Packers. At the end of the first quarter, you realize Kirk Cousins is a man on a mission, and you think the over is going to hit. BetMGM will allow you to add a bet on the over to your existing bet on the Vikings.
- Easy Parlay: A parlay bet is a group of bets — typically spread, moneyline, or total bets — combined into one bet to increase the payout odds. BetMGM’s “Easy Parlay” feature lines up all spread, moneyline, and total bets for a slate of games, allowing you to quickly build a parlay. While parlays make for an exciting bet, sportsbooks like BetMGM focus on getting people to make more of them because the odds favor the sportsbook. That said, I’m that sucker who loves parlaying each NFL game, and I picture myself using this tool every week.
If BetMGM NY is like it is in many other states, New Yorkers will have access to 24/7 support. They’ll be able to use the live chat feature to quickly connect with a friendly and helpful customer service agent. Customers who want to solve any issues on their own can check out the expansive FAQ section while those who aren’t in a hurry can get assistance via email. There might even be a phone number available.
|Live Chat Support||Yes|
|Live Chat Support Availability||Yes|
|Email Support Speed||Yes|
BetMGM is definitely causing a splash as it expands operations into more and more states. Having a trusted and universally recognized name helps, but BetMGM’s product speaks for itself. The odds are pretty good, they cover a huge range of betting markets, and they process payments promptly.
The $1,000 risk-free bet welcome offer might not be the biggest or most player-friendly bonus around, but it’s still worth taking advantage of. New Yorkers who appreciate ongoing value will be drawn to the many BetMGM promotions and the Mlife Rewards program. A BetMGM live streaming feature would surely make this bookmaker one of the top picks for New Yorkers.